Monday, February 21, 2011

Three Years...

#52
Had a surprise phone chat with Andrew Grace
today. He's a senior at USC- formerly the VP of TKE. Awesome guy- we knew each other for most of his college career, though never too deeply. Well, he was telling me what he spoke on for his senior talk at Spring Retreat this weekend. USC's Spring Retreat is super laid back, but the one thing that is a programmed tradition is that some of the more influential/mature seniors give ~20min talks on what they learned in college, what they wanna pass on to the underclassmen, etc. It's a really cool tradition, and I had the privilege of being one of the 3 seniors who spoke 3 years ago. This weekend, at USC's 2011 Spring Retreat, there were four speakers- Andrew, Megan, and two guys that I discipled, Nick and Jared. Hearing about that just threw me into a crazy nostalgia mode. I met all four of these kids when they were freshmen and I was a senior... Nick,

Jared

and Megan

each became dear friends of mine, and I had the enormous blessing of baptizing Andrew at a Fall Retreat my final year at USC... I know I'm in Hawaii now, and I do feel like I'm finally getting to the point where I'm fully here, and embracing it. But today, especially with it being a day off without any interaction with our students, I got nostalgic, and marveled at all that God allowed me to enjoy, see, and be a part of at that awesome institution where Cardinal and Gold fight on strong. Time flies, and it's AWESOME, cuz it allows us to get glimpses of the awe-inspiring, mighty works that the Lord does that we can only really catch in hindsight.

Praises to You, Lord, for all that You have done, continue do, and will do, at USC,

in Tokyo,

in Melbourne,

in Santo Domingo,

and here in Hawaii.

Thank You for letting me play the tiniest of parts in the work You're doing in those places...

No comments: