Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Success?

#47
The small group I help lead on Wednesday afternoons is great. Of course, the small group I help lead on Wednesday afternoons looks different every week. In fact, other than Donna and me (my co-leader), not a single person has shown up to more than one of our four meetings that we've had since we started in January. Sure, we're tempted to be bummed, but it seems like God brings the exact right person/people every single time and we end up having a super blessed time. I admire Donna for her positive attitude/outlook when the situation can be discouraging- especially comparing ourselves to some other small groups that are averaging a consistent 10-15 consistent faces (yes, I'm aware that I said consistent twice- each time meant something different). It's been inspiring leading with her and seeing how God shows up and moves, even when, on paper, the small group doesn't feel too successful.

No comments: