Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jehovah-Jireh

#51
(With three minutes to spare!) I went grocery shopping today. First time in about four weeks. It's always scary because, see, groceries in Hawaii are really expensive. And that's part of why the amount of support we have to raise to be here is a bit higher than most other places in the country. Take milk, for example. At Ralph's in Southern California, a gallon of store-brand nonfat is about $2.99 with a Club Card. At Foodland here, it's a bit more (and please note the non-sale price):

Or another one of my favorites, orange juice. This week at Ralph's, the sale price is $3.99 for the store-brand 100% juice from concentrate. Here (again, PLEASE note the non-sale price):

It's kinda crazy. But what's crazier is that the Lord is always so faithful to provide. He blew my mind by bringing me to 100% of my monthly support goal in such a short time so that I could report to my assignment here, and even since getting here, He's opened so many doors to provide awesome, low-cost housing and a super cheap car in good condition! And even though I can't live an extravagant lifestyle, I haven't once been in need of food/gas/housing (as crazy expensive as they can be out here) without the means to get it. Dunno why I always freak out... I know that God's provision looks different case-by-case, person-by-person, but He's never once failed me in basic provision. Why would He? It's part of who He is to be Provider. Jehovah-jireh...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

feel your pain. hurray for ministry in ridiculously expensive places! at least you don't have an 80 yen to the dollar exchange rate ;)