Monday, February 7, 2011

Argh Gecko

#38
Little known fact: I have a fear of geckos. Weird, right? Well, I do, and last night I came into my room, ready to go to bed, when I saw it- a gecko on the wall behind my desk. Needless to say, I did not sleep well. Throw in the fact that we had a 630 meeting this morning so I had to wake up at 5, and you get a near-zombie state for Gen. BUT, God's power is made perfect in weakness and He sure showed me that today. Even though I had next to no energy whatsoever, I got to enjoy a rich day of sweet times meeting with our student leaders, spending time in the Word with the staff team, listening to a beautiful lecture on Philippians and Philemon for my New Testament Survey class, discipleship with Shaun, and the highlight- a super fun, totally Spirit-led conversation about Jesus with two guys from California who were sitting on a bench. God definitely is tugging at those guys' hearts- one of them to embrace that, because of his faith in Christ, he can rest assured that he is loved and is secure; the other one to recognize that there is only one truth, and that truth is Jesus.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

HA! Where else in the PSW would you encounter a gecko in your bedroom?? Amazing!