Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hungering for Community

#22
First of all, happy 24th birthday to my AGO little bro, Jonathan Langley!

I got to spend some time with the two other singles on our staff team today- Jamie and Natalie. Jamie just moved so we were helping clean out her old apartment. It was really fun! I still haven't really found friends or a church or community here in Hawaii, so these two have been a huge blessing. And I've especially gotten to hang out a lot with Jamie through a lot of different ministry-related circumstances... AND now she and I will be directing a summer project together so even more connection! So yeah, very thankful for both of these girls. Huge blessing. But later in the afternoon I also had an hour-long phone chat with Beau, who is my accountability partner, fraternity brother, co-best friend- it was so refreshing and encouraging, and it made me really miss having bros to do life with. I used to hang out a lot with another AGO, Justin, while he lived out here in Hawaii (pictured here with Jamie),

but he just moved back to the mainland. So yeah, I'm praying that God provides a church and some dudes to enter my life with whom I can have mutually encouraging relationships... and a mentor/discipler figure would be awesome too! For now, I thank God for the sweet times I'm getting with Him, and the blessing of people like Jamie and Nat in my life.

No comments: