Saturday, January 15, 2011

Outside Looking In?

#15
YIKES. It's past midnight. So my #15 post isn't on 1/15. :(

I'm really starting to learn Asian-American culture. And it's fascinating. Again, I know I'm half Asian-American myself, but I so feel like an outsider here, and it's been eye-opening to see students here relating with each other and having community with each other and joyfully interacting with each other... it feels so intimate and safe. People who are awkward are just awkward, people who are outgoing are just outgoing- it's raw. Of course, this is just my personal observation. But it's been very interesting. And this morning's talk was fantastic- about our being honest with oneself and God about our emotional and spiritual health. Very convicting. And apparently very relevant to the culture represented here, because students seemed to be rocked by the message.

No comments: