Friday, January 21, 2011

Kickin off a New Semester

#21
First, today was a big spending day. I filled up my tank for the first time ever in my new-for-me car. Hawaii gas is SO expensive. And then this evening I went grocery shopping for the first time here. Hawaii groceries are SO expensive. Haha. Seriously, it kinda made me wanna cry.

It was a tiring but productive afternoon of planning as a staff team- next week is when all of our main ministry things like discipleship groups, small groups, campus evangelism, area outreaches, etc, all get started. I got excited cuz after the weeks of traveling around going to different conferences and trainings, we finally get to kick off another semester full of steady, but hopefully Spirit-led and unpredictably awesome, ministry! Let's DO THIS!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Ahhh when people talk about gas prices I am so grateful to live in a bike-town! I don't think we're prepared to face the reality of what it costs to live elsewhere! Haha!

Stoked to read more posts about how the semester unfolds!