Friday, March 4, 2011

Growth

#63
I have very strong opinions. And I have a tendency to present them strongly. But God is definitely working on me. Today was a great day of meetings as a staff team, planning out our weekly gatherings for the next month and talking strategy in terms of leadership structure and student ownership. Normally, this is the kind of meeting where I either completely shut down or completely shut others down, but today went GREAT! Knowing my weakness, I prayed before every single discussion and asked God to keep my heart soft and to only speak as He led me, and He really answered! We had some reaaaally productive discussions about how to best reach our campus, and today might have been the most tension-free staff meeting we've had since I've been here. Praise God that He sanctifies us (even though it's an uncomfortable process, the results are pretty sweet!) day by day and is in the process of making us more like Jesus :)

No comments: