Sunday, March 27, 2011

Faith-Stretching

#86
(86 is my favorite number! yay!)

I've directed a summer project before. In fact, I've directed this summer project before. So I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing. But boy was I unprepared for directing a summer project in a location where there has recently been a huge earthquake, devastating tsunami, and lingering radiation issues! Haha. Figuring out what to do about it all, fielding questions from participants and especially parents... it's all just kinda crazy and totally not a job I thought I would have to do. But God sure is using it to grow us all! Here is an excerpt from a text conversation I had today with Laura, who is leading the "B" team to Tokyo that goes in the second half of the summer (Laura in bold):

"Are you getting any concerned parents/participants?"
"Haha yes and one girl already dropped"
"Oh the sides of being a Project Director you don't think about til they happen! Hah"
"Yeah and you guys go a lot sooner than we do. We have more time to let them sort it out."
"Laura! This is so faith-stretching! I'll love it later but right now it's hard hahahahah"
"I think that's what the rest of life is going 2b like:)just have more oppt. to realize it now than we did as kids.and ur right...in the end its all going 2b fine"
"Yeah...Good thing it's worth it! Let's keep praying for both our teams eh?"
"Right?! K we will!"

No comments: