Sunday, April 24, 2011

HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#114
HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!!!!

What a beautiful start I got to have to Easter Sunday 2011. I woke up super early and went to the sunrise service at One Love. It was sweet on so many levels- the sunrise was just stunning, two ladies danced a gorgeous hula to Phil Wickham's "You're Beautiful" (one of my absolute favorite songs), the message was sweet, two people accepted Christ during the service, worship was powerful, AND I got to go to church with Matt Darby for the first time. He's a student at UH with whom I've gotten pretty close over the past few months- we meet up regularly on campus, and we go to the same church, but we've never gone to the same service on the same day... until today! And it was sweet getting to worship with him. It was his first time at a Protestant Resurrection Day service and he was just BEAMING. I love times like that when I'm reminded that I shouldn't take my relationship with God or the opportunity I have to worship Him in church for granted!

No comments: