Monday, August 2, 2010

Not alone

Support raising can be such a lonely time. I absolutely love meeting with people and getting to hear about their lives and getting to share some of my vision for the ministry with them. But in-between those meetings is hours, sometimes days, of very little human interaction. It's a lot of administrative work, and a lot of time with self to think about things. In the midst of this not-so-easy season of ministry though, I have to remember that I am NOT alone... at all.

First, God is with me! He promised that He will never leave me- that He would always be with me, even unto the end of the age. He dwells inside of me and is my constant Companion.

Second, God blesses me with community! He's given me brothers and sisters in Christ who encourage me whenever I get to spend time with them, and He's provided ~115 other new staff all around the country who are going through the exact same thing I'm experiencing right now! How comforting to know that what I'm going through is being shared by others all around the world. Last night, I got to have a mini-reunion with 6 of the 8 who joined staff this summer from the Pacific Southwest Region (CA,HI, AZ, Las Vegas). It was SUCH a refreshing and fun time of just catching up and encouraging each other. Thank You, Lord, for times like that to remind me of how not alone I am.


L to R (Alma mater, assignment):
Casey Patrick (USC, Cal Poly SLO), Christina Carey (USC, Melbourne, Australia), Chris Bernetich (CSULB, Regional Office), Courtney Sterk (Cal Poly SLO, UCSD&SDSU), Jeff Pauls (UCSB, Middle East), Me (USC, UH)

1 comment:

TNH said...

Hey Gen. You have a new follower in me, as Nick's newest blog directed me your way (Seriously, every time I read one of his blogs, he links me to a new one that I inevitably end up following)! And I'm with you "alone" in support raising too! But God is so faithful! Enjoy this time of letting Him draw even closer to you in a new way! Good luck! Praying for you muchitisimo, brother!