Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to School

Nick (guy I used to disciple at USC- now a senior on Shepherd Team) called me the other day, asking a question about some beginning-of-the-year stuff that USC Cru does, because he was working on some planning with Casey (USC class of '09, now on staff). Then on Saturday, I was texting with Jared (another guy I used to disciple at USC- now a senior on Lead Team) when I realized that he was at the Lead Team overnighter when all the student leaders at USC get together with the staff to go through some vision casting, planning, on final logistics before the Fall starts.

And it hit me- I'm not there.

The beginning of the school year at USC is something I've been a part of since 2004, and now, for the first time in years, I didn't even know that stuff was going on until someone told me as it was going on. It feels WEIRD.

On Tuesday, Shaun (director at UH) called me and was just telling me about how their team was going into Fall planning as well, and was asking for prayer as he begins leading the staff team that day and then the students, as classes are about to start on Monday (tomorrow). It made me want to be there so much!

Ministry partner development is an awesome time of trusting God and getting to have really encouraging times with friends and family, getting to tell them about the ministry. But at the same time, it is hard not being on campus when I know that ministry is already going on- on both the campus that I've been at for the past 6 years, and on the one I will be at for the next few.

It's ok. God has a plan for me during this time too, and I'm excited to see what happens :)

No comments: