Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Starbucks is smart

I used to not go to Starbucks that much.
No longer the case. At all.

Here are the reasons why:
1) I'm working on support, which means that between appointments, I have a lot of emails, phone calls, logistics, letters, updates, etc to work on, and I'm just not as productive in my own home.
2) Starbucks now has a trick called "Treat Receipt," where, if you get a drink before 2pm, you come back in the afternoon with your "Treat Receipt" and can get any GRANDE drink for $2! UGH. I definitely wouldn't have gotten a 2nd drink in one day, like, ever. But for $2?
3) Starbucks now has free wi-fi for everyone. I'd used their wi-fi before with my Starbucks gift card but it was a pain that I had to make sure I'd used the card in the last month, and that the card was registered online. Now it's just free wi-fi for everyone. And I get a cheap drink (in the afternoon, after I've paid for a not-so-cheap drink in the morning)
4) I discovered their Caramel Light Frappuccino. It still tastes so good but less intense (which I like) and it's only 125 calories and 1g of fat for a Tall! Compare that to, say, a tall Java Chip Frappuccino (SO yum) with 255 calories and 7g of fat (5g saturated, as opposed to 0g saturated for the CLF)! Yeah, the Caramel Light Frappuccino is quite the find.


Ack.

No comments: