Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Packing Pro

#313
Tomorrow is a crazy busy day of ministry. I have to leave my house at like 850am and I probably won't get back til around 11pm. And then on Friday, I fly out at 8am. So I had to get everything I needed to get done before leaving done. So I cleaned, I did laundry, I caught up on some emails, did admin work, wrote my prayer letter (about how the Lord has been providing for me in crazy ways lately! Such a fun letter to write!), prepped for staff development homework I'll be doing while I'm off-island, and packed. Ah, packing. It's ridiculous how good I've gotten at it. My mom (who's always been the packer of the family) unpacked my suitcase when I went on vacation with my family this past summer, and chose not to pack at the end of the trip (even though she always loves to pack for everyone. No, seriously) because she was so impressed by the system of my packing. Haha. That's a strange part of my job- because I'm on staff in Hawaii, I have to fly if I need to get anywhere more than like 40mi away. So without even knowing it, I've gotten packing down to a science and an art haha.

Having said that, I may very well go through a humbling process as I get to the airport and have my liquids in the wrong suitcase, or I go over the weight-limit, or I forget something super important, etc. Haha...

No comments: