Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Remember me- Billy with the gay kids?"

#264
Shaun and I were talking with these two students on campus today, asking them questions about their beliefs, and then sharing the gospel with them. It was really fun. But apparently, partway through the conversation, a kid stopped behind me and just stood there for like 10 minutes waiting for me- I didn't notice but Shaun did. At the end of the conversation, I turned around and the guy was like "Gen, right?" Well, he wasn't wearing his sunglasses (which he had on when I met him) so I didn't recognize him but he was a guy from the Gay-Straight Alliance on campus whom I'd met a couple of weeks ago because their table was next to ours at the involvement fair. Well, he wanted to ask me if Cru wanted to partner with their org to do a winter formal. He said that their leadership was talking about how it might be cool to do an event with a Christian group, and they thought of us as a group that they thought would be loving! I have no idea what to do about this event thing, but how cool is it that this gay guy from a gay student organization waited for me for 10 minutes while I was sharing the gospel with someone to talk to me?? We ended up having a few minute chat just about life as we walked to our next appointments. Praise God that He is allowing us to be bold about who we are in being people who wanna share Christ with others, and yet at the same time allowing people to see us as loving people!

No comments: