Monday, November 29, 2010

Maybe this is gonna be an annual thing...

About a year ago, I wrote a post about how packed the last month and a half of the year would be for me. Here I go with another one.

About two weeks ago, I flew back to CA for 3 days of Winter Conference planning (it was SO good! aaah I'm so excited about it! get more info at sdwinterconference.com)

followed by a weekend of Crossroads Conference where more than 200 juniors and seniors from around the region learned about making life/career decisions in a God-honoring way as graduation approaches (don't even get me started on how incredible the speakers were at delivering God's word and inspiring us to have the right perspective about all aspects of our life). Then it was Thanksgiving, and then yesterday I came back to Hawaii. On Wednesday I will finally move into my place. Tomorrow-Fri, and then next Mon and Fri make up our last days on campus for 2010, as next Tues-Thurs will be staff planning for the spring semester. And then that Sunday (12/12) is my flight back to CA. The next 14 days will be finishing up Winter Conference planning, working on finishing up my online seminary class (it's so intense! but so good too!), Christmas with the family, and hopefully breathing a little. Cuz then from 12/27-1/1, I will be in beautiful San Diego, CA, emceeing and helping run (and for sure enjoying) our annual Winter Conference!


PLEASE know that this isn't a complaint post. I actually love being busy, and all the stuff that I've been doing and will be doing is stuff that I absolutely love to do! All this stuff invigorates me. But I do ask that you pray for me in this time- that I don't get burned out, that I would be able to live in the present faithfully, that I wouldn't rely on adrenaline to get through the busyness but that I would fully rely on the Holy Spirit to lead me through it as I surrender myself in Christ Jesus to the intimate arms of my loving Father. It's the only way to live, and I don't want the busyness to distract me from that.

Also, happy birthday to my little sister Umi! (well... it's still her birthday for another 40 minutes or so here in Hawaii) Can't believe she's 15 already... But she's an awesome sister and I love her! Can't wait to see what Jesus has for her this coming year. :) Speaking of sister, random side note: I had an AMAZING time getting to spend some QT with both my sisters (Gin's the older of the two) and my mom. I love all these women!

(From L to R- My mom, birthay girl Umi, Gin, my aunt Delia, me)

No comments: