Monday, December 6, 2010

Random Recommendation #1


I used to do a "Random Recommendation of the Month" on my ministry update newsletter, but now that I've strictly limited that to a single page per issue, it doesn't fit anymore! So I thought I'd start doing random recommendations here once in a while.

"Has God Forgotten Me"
by Tim Chaddick on Reality LA Podcast

This is the October 3, 2010 sermon from the church I went to for my last few months living in SoCal. And boy do I miss it! The biblical teaching at Reality LA is just ROCK-solid, and the worship is powerful and passionate yet reverent and worshipful. If you haven't been, check it out. Sunday services are at 9am and 12noon at Helen Bernstein High School- 1309 Wilton Pl in Hollywood.

"Has God Forgotten Me" deals with doubt, despondency, abandonment and despair. Looking at Isaiah 49:13-16, Tim uses the Israelite people's cry of doubt and God's response to them to teach on God's nourishing, intimate, and unconditional love. Whether you are in a difficult season of life, feeling abandoned by God and sitting in despair, or are in a joyful and vibrant period in your relationship with God, this is an important message- for the sake of being prepared to deal with doubt and despair for yourself, but also to know how to effectively minister to others who may be going through "the darkness of despair".

All I could say in response was "God's love is mind-blowing."


Download it free on iTunes. Search "reality la forgotten"


No comments: