Monday, October 11, 2010

I love/miss my NST friends

I was in Estes Park, CO, from 10/3-6 with 25 of my New Staff Training friends, going through the west coast version of the support raising training follow-up conference. It was a much smaller group than the one we experienced in Orlando this summer, but it was suuuuuch a good time! I think the smaller, more intimate group, in the more secluded and nature-filled setting made for really good community. I'd forgotten how much I loved and missed these people. It was such a blessing getting to spend 3 and a half days with these people enjoying God's creation, being goofballs and having fun, having one-on-one time with trainers and coaches who gave us pointers in support raising as well as personal financial stewardship, hearing from wise men and women about Spirit-filled living, and just getting away from it all.

Some highlights:

Lots of wildlife! Animals aren't scared of people at the YMCA of the Rockies, apparently

I know it's hard to see but that's a family of deer

There were at least 4 bull elk on the grounds, sometimes even fighting each other with their antlers!

Little bunnies EVERYWHERE!

I was half hoping I would find Aslan in there somewhere...

Training times!



Stephen (new staff with Keynote- CCC's music/arts ministry) and Jenny (new staff from ASU, going to Cal Poly SLO) leading worship for us!

Community time!

Back to dining hall life :)

Ah, how I've missed playing Ninja

Breathtaking views on a hike

Tribute to the YMCA camp. During a hike with my friends Stephen, Jake (new staff to Montana State), and Chris (new staff to our regional office)

Such a good, refreshing, needed time. Except... now my awareness of how much I love and miss my friends from NST has been renewed. :(

Thank You, Lord, for bringing these awesome brothers and sisters in Christ into my life!

No comments: