Monday, December 5, 2011

Best Travel Day Ever

#329
I love, just LOVE, traveling alone. And today was a loooong but AWESOMEly restful and refreshing travel day.

Started by getting on a train at Union Station at like 930, then heading down to San Juan Capistrano where I got off the train for a lunch layover with Steve (one of my pledges from AGO. really good friend too) and his girlfriend Karter. We had a fantastic time.

Then back on the train down to San Diego. Man, the views along the coast were just breath-taking. I forget sometimes how beautiful a state California is. Then took a taxi from the train station to the airport in SD and my cabbie was an Ethiopian believer who ran an underground church in Yemen for more than 20 years! He told me all about the persecution he and his fellow believers faced over there. So encouraging/convicting to talk to someone like that!

Quick, super comfortable flight from SD-LAX (exit row all to myself!) with beaaautiful views of the sunset.

Then a really nice flight back to Hawaii in my usual 9D seat. Great flight attendants (took really, really good care of me) and I got to have spiritual convos with the guy sitting next to me.

See, that's what I love about travel days alone- I get to relax, spend time in prayer and the Word (train, plane, airport, etc), meet people, have spiritual conversations... It really doesn't get much better! Thank You, Lord, for the opportunities I have to travel, and that You make even something like layovers and long flights purposeful in Your Kingdom!

No comments: