Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Known

#296
Well that was a quick trip. Said bye to Gin last night. Mom today. My dad took Umi and me to get Mexican for lunch- Oh man, SO good. Then Heather (one of my closest friends, fellow Trojan, now Cru staff raising support to serve at UCI) and I grabbed coffee and then she drove me to LAX. As we talked about the challenges we're each facing in our walks with the Lord, she ended by telling me that she was really glad that God is working in my life the way He is. That was monumentally encouraging... Here is someone who knows me better than (or at least as well as) pretty much anyone else in the world, hearing about the hardships I'm experiencing in living in Hawaii and being in this ministry team/context, and she's ENCOURAGED, precisely because she knows my heart and knows that God is using this time to mold me in all the ways that I've been resisting up until now. I've been immensely thankful lately for the work He's doing in my life, but up until this point, no one was able to rejoice in it with me because they either see me in my life in Hawaii but don't really know me deeply, or they know me deeply but haven't entered into my life in Hawaii. Thank You, Lord, for the encouragement of close friends who truly know me.

No comments: