Saturday, July 3, 2010

Where are you??

That's what a lot of people have been asking me these last couple of months... With all the madness of a busy end of the semester, and a month and a half full of travels and transition since, then, my answer to that question has been different on an almost-weekly basis.

So I feel bad that I haven't blogged in a month and a half... especially since there's been so much to report. I haven't blogged about the wedding in Houston, Phoenix, Stockton, and Dana Point that I've been to. Or about my week-long vision trip to Hawaii where I worked with the Cru team at UH. Or about giving my last talk at a USC Cru weekly meeting (during which I cried!). I hope to be able to blog about some of the things I've missed, and soon. But for now, here's what's going with me right now:

I'm at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida (suburb of Orlando). I got here on June 15th, and will be here until July 18th, going through Campus Crusade's New Staff Training, making the transition from intern to full-time staff. The first week was on vision and direction, the last two weeks have been a condensed, concentrated graduate level seminary classes, and the next two weeks involve a lot of concrete training for the work we will be doing. It's been a great time of meeting the 120 or so other new staff from around the country, learning a LOT, growing a lot, and trying to survive the heat and humidity.

At the end of week 2 of NST, I also received my official placement for where I will be going after I finish raising my support. It's now solidly on paper that, if the Lord wills, and should the finances I need to raise come in, I will be moving to Honolulu to work with the University of Hawaii CCC staff team!

SO excited to be at New Staff Training, SO excited about Hawaii, SO excited about all God is doing in my life, SO excited that God is leading USC in an awesome direction (and that I'll hopefully get to hear about it from friends this coming school year). God is good.

No comments: