Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A farewell letter

Dear Florida,
It's been a great run. I never expected 37 days together to go by so fast... I had an absolute blast. It mostly wasn't due to you- it really was about the awesome people I got to meet at New Staff Training, and the awesome Christian Theology and Bible Study Methods classes I got to take, and the spiritual growth I got to go through as God really revealed so much more about Himself to me (often in rather painful ways...). Yeah... you had very little to do with it. But you did offer beautiful lakes, awesome wildlife, Disney World, and help preparing me for the humid heat I'll face in Hawaii. And, if nothing else, you can claim that you were the setting for 5 profoundly life-changing weeks for me... that God truly used our 5 weeks together to bring me into both a greater realization of how desperately I need saving and a deeper understanding of His indescribably, vastly, incomprehensibly perfect nature which happens to completely fill that need. So thanks for being used in that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got to see you again... After all, the international headquarters for the organization I work with is in your very heart- Orlando. I will miss a lot of the fun times we had together. But I can't say I will miss you. It'll be good to see you again, but I won't miss you... I think you and I just wouldn't work out- we're not compatible. I think you're more built for people who love intolerable humidity and heat, and lizards running around everywhere. It's not you- it's me. I hope you're not too hurt.

Still, I can sincerely sign this as
Gratefully,
Gen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gen....I know it's not florida. It's really me? Maybe I'll transfer to Hawaii or Cali.....