Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Voulez-vous connaitre Dieu personellement?"

#214
I decided to go on my own to Chichen Itza today. My mom was tired and Gin and Umi weren't interested. But oh my! It was AMAZING. The history is FASCINATING, the sights are spectacular, I had the best time. I had to be in the lobby at 7am to get on the bus and didn't get dropped off til 730pm so it was a LOOOOONG and tiring, sweltering day, but it was so worth it. And the best part was that, because I was alone, I got to meet a lot of people, including a Nigerian family from Paris who totally adopted me for the afternoon- we became good friends, speaking French together the whole time. Boy did it make me miss France! I've been feeling for a while that the Lord has plans for me to use French in ministry at some point (I've had opportunities to use my other 3 languages in ministry already), and the hours spent with this family made me really hope it's soon!

No comments: