Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anticipation...

I just wanna know.
Everything is turned in, including all my references.
I just wanna hurry up and find out whether or not I'm accepted to Staff.

My buddy Jeff Pauls from UCSB (interned for two years- he was a 2nd year when I was a 1st) decided to join staff after a year away from interning, and he just came back on Sunday from Daytona Beach where he was at the support raising training part of Winter New Staff Training. Sounds like he had an awesome time, and looking at some of his facebook pictures from the week in Florida makes me so excited and antsy to go to Orlando for summer NST!

To be honest, it's a weird place I'm kind of sitting in- I love USC (no one could ever doubt that for a moment) and I so want to make the most of the last few months that I have here. But I'm also simultaneously SO excited for the next steps God has for me. My heart's really getting ready for moving forward with joining Staff, going to Florida, getting my placement, and getting going with MPD (ministry partner development/support raising) so that I can report to my new assignment.

My heart feels split. Half here, half there (wherever "there" is).
For now, all I can really do is trust in the LORD with all my heart and finish well here in the land of Cardinal and Gold.

Wait on Him, Gen. Just wait.

No comments: